Sunday, July 18, 2010
Stuff that makes you upset.
I normally don't blog about anything work related...but for this one I will make the exception.
I'll keep this as short as possible, because I don't want to dwell on it too long. The manager at one of the studios I teach at "got upset and yelled" over some miss-communication with a student. Even though mom and I worked it out, he's basically mad at me for not calling back when they called me about the student. I admit...I didn't call back. I didn't think I needed to call the studio, and I STILL think that way. In his words, "When we call, you better return the call". Then he had the nerve to threaten to get rid of me. It's funny because I'm leaving at the end of the month anyway. Here's what I've learned.
1. If you want some to email/call back, say it. Don't assume they know that.
2. In hindsight, It would have been easier to just return the call.
3. Don't take bull... from people who think they know what's going on. At this particular place, I only had 2 students total and I don't think the manager knows this. I'm leaving because It's a waste of time for me to drive 20+ minutes for a 30 min lesson. I'm not wasting my time on things like this anymore. I'd rather have 5 students who follow directions most of the time than 50 who are there because mommy made them take lessons.
4. I need to do the things that are actually beneficial to my family; running all over the city of Atlanta is not doing that.
5. When people want to go on a power trip...let them, because "what goes around comes around". If we treat people respectfully, we get treated respectfully. The reverse also happens.
We'll see what happens when school starts back in a few weeks.