It is here...the end of the semester. Grades are in (GPC) and I finished my 1st semester at UGA. It was rough...I hardly saw my wife and kids over the last two weeks because so much was going on, from school concerts to writing papers to grading. I'm just glad that its all over (until Jan. 9th 2012)
As I reflect over the year, there were some high and low moments. I do believe that 2011 was a good year and 2012 looks to be a better year. A few things that I will do.
1. Hunt for more gigs....can't wait for people to call me.
2. schedule a couple of short promo tours of my CD,release in March 2012
3. Look for more ways to bring the money in....I can't AND WON'T work 2 teaching jobs for too long. Jody will start Pre-K in the fall and hopefully there's a pre-k age 3 program for Joni.
4. Get myself together physically, mentally and spiritually
5. Blog more....everyday!!!
6. I see the Jason Passmore Big Band in my future...and a sax quartet.
Basically, I'm tired of waiting for things to happen. If I don't do the work, nothing happens. If I don't ask, I don't receive. Bottom Line. Life is too short to waste time. The older I get, the more I realize that. One thing that we all have in common is that we will all leave this earth. Everything that lives, dies. I want to spend my life reaching for the impossible, not settling for the mediocre.
That's about it...Merry Christmas and have a happy new year.