It has been 3 months since I've blogged...way too long. Here is an update of what's up
1. The 1st Odyssey Music Project CD is complete and Available through CD Baby, iTunes and many other distribution areas.
2. As of 2 weeks ago, the recording for the Jazz CD is complete. I think the title track will either be "Exodus" (To represent the journey from sideman to leader on a project) or "Beautiful Day". Now to schedule the photo sessions, pick a cover, liner notes,etc..
3.I have started my doctorate in music at UGA...it's definitely kicking my butt, but I will be better for it in the end.
4. I have come to the realization that I am doing too much...I knew it the whole time. I've been working a lot to get rid of some debt. What I don't want to do is miss my children growing up right in front of me. Therefore; some things will be eliminated from my schedule. I am grateful that I have a wife and family who support me in my endeavors. My wife just wants me to be happy..as long as bills are paid, she does not care what I do for income, as long as it's legal.
5. School (public school) is going well...definitely a lot better than last year. I still feel that I need to be there at least 4-5 years before I see the fruits of my labor. There are still remnants of the two previous music teachers. I don't feel that I've made my mark on the school yet.
6. I have been gigging 10-12 times a month for the last 3 months. I hope the gigs continue to come and maybe one of the many jobs I have I can leave.
7. I've stopped private teaching for this semester...I will probably pick it back up for 1 day a week. I wasn't sure If I could handle everything with going back to school.
That's all for now...TTYL